1. For the first 30 minutes, go to School City and take the ELA 12th Grade Semester 2 Pre Test. Take your time and read questions and possible answers carefully.
For this period, continue working in the same document as last class period.
2. For 15 minutes, finish transcribing your interviews from last period.
3. With one color in your Google Doc, highlight quotes you thought were particularly interesting.
With a second color, highlight everything you feel like you need clarification or more information on.
4. You are going to use the interviews you have conducted to write a 300-500 word profile story about the person you interviewed.
Check out the following three examples of a profile story from The Warrior Ledger:
After reading, list the following in your document:
- 3 things you learned about the students portrayed in these articles
- 2 things you learned about how to write profile stories like this from reading them
- 1 thing you want to try in your own profile story
5. Outline your profile story in your Googe doc. Consider the following:
- How do you want to start the story?
- What's the most interesting or unusual bit you learned about your person from their interview?
- What quotes from your interview are you going to use and in which order will you use them?
- What other information or research do you need?
6. Exit Ticket:
- What about your interview with your person would work well as a hook for your story?
- What ideas from the quotes you got from your person do you want to highlight in this story?
- What's something you still need to know or conduct additional research on?
Submit this as: "Profile Story Outline" on Canvas:
- Transcript of your interview
- Highlights in your transcript
- Responses to the three profile articles you read
- Exit Ticket