Language Objective: I will generate a hook, background information, and claim to introduce my argumentative essay and write well-developed body paragraphs including sub-claims, evidence, and warrants.
Essential Question: How do you effectively write and structure body paragraphs, rebuttal, and conclusion of an argument essay?
1. Address any feedback you received for your introduction and body paragraphs.
2. Write the rest of your argument essay. Follow this structure:
Paragraph 1: Introduction:
- Hook (get your audience interested)
- Background (connect your hook and your claim)
- Claim (your argument - be clear in your stance)
- Subclaim (reason why you believe your claim to be true)
- Evidence (quote from the book that supports your subclaim, include page #)
- Warrant (explain how/why your evidence supports your subclaim)
- repeat steps for paragraphs 3 and 4
- Counterclaim (address what the opposing side thinks)
- Counterclaim evidence (add quotes supporting the opposing side)
- Rebuttal (explain how/why the opposing side is wrong or falls short in their argument)
- repeat steps for paragraph 6
- Restate your claim
- Wrap up your essay with a conclusion or call to action
3. Submit the link to your GoogleDoc. To ensure I can give you feedback on this, click on "share", then "more" underneath your links (or "change" if your doc is set to private), then select "anyone with this link" and select "can comment" in the drop-down menu. Click "save" and then "copy" the link, paste it into the assignment submission box.
- Finish the rest of your paper. Submit the link to your rough draft for feedback