Language Objective: I will read and take Focus Notes on John Krakauer's "Death of an Innocent: Chris McCandless" as an introduction to Into the Wild.
1.) Bell Work: Read your Quarter 2 book for 15 minutes.
2.) Reading Journal: write about anything that stood out to you in your reading. Use textual evidence in your writing and write for 5 minutes.
3.) Daily Dose of Grammar:
Which sentence is correct?
- In her books; Grammar Girl uses two placeholder names in examples: Aardvark and Squiggly.
- Aardvark is on vacation; therefore, Squiggly has to do extra work in this chapter.
- Squiggly doesn’t mind doing the extra work; however he would like to be thanked.
4.) Share-in/share-out (share within your group and then with the whole class).
5.) Click on Focus Notes Template and copy/paste it into your GoogleDoc.
6.) Finish reading "Death of an Innocent" by Jon Krakauer. Take Focus Notes while you are reading.
7.) Fill out the "Summary" portion of your Focus Notes. In this part, write about what you read and what stood out the most to you. Justify your answer.
8.) Click on "Would you rather...?" Choose an answer for each of the questions on the slides and write an argument for your answer and an argument against the answer you didn't pick.
Make sure your GoogleDoc includes:
- Reading Journal + Grammar
- Focus Notes with summary
- "Would you rather...?" answers and arguments for/against