1. Read your Quarter 1 Book for 10 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: write for 5 minutes. List one of each of the following:
- a connection (to yourself, another text or the world)
- an important detail (cite evidence from the text)
- a question that came up in your reading
3. Think-Pair-Share: What do you remember from the passage of Grendel we read last time? What is your impression of Grendel as a character in comparison to Grendel in Beowulf?
4. With a partner work through the THINK section. Discuss your answers and come up with evidence before writing them down on Study Sync.
5. By yourself, complete the WRITE section. Write your answer in 5 sentences:
- Sentence 1: Introduction and your claim.
- Sentences 2-4: Evidence and why you think so.
- Sentence 5: Restate your claim and sum up your findings.
6. Submit the entire Grendel assignment on Study Sync.
7. Make-Up Work: On StudySync: Make sure the following assignments are complete and submitted:
- Literary History: The Epic and the Epic Hero
- BEOWULF: First Read
Submit any other make-up work (Reading Journals, Resume, etc.) you are missing on Canvas.