1. Read your Quarter 1 Book for 10 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: Write about anything that stood out to you in your reading. Cite textual evidence and explain how this passage shaped your thinking. Write for 5 minutes.
3. Finish your Hero's Journey Outline
4. Draft your Hero's Journey using your outline from last period and this checklist.
Your personal statement needs to be between 800-1000 words.
Today, focus on your INTRODUCTION: What was your life before everything changed? How do your childhood myths or social expectations you have been told tie into this? What happened to change it and how did you react to it? Be as specific and detailed in your writing as you can. The point of this essay is to really SHOW what happened and use specific details to illustrate your story and make the reader feel like they are right there with you.
- Submit the beginning of your Rough Draft on Canvas under the "Hero's Journey Introduction" assignment