Language Objective: I will analyze The Warrior Ledger and write story proposals.
1. Bell Work:
Rewrite the following sentences to eliminate the passive voice. Some contain more than one passive verb phrase; others require a subject for the verb when changed into active voice.
Passive: Many questions are being asked by students about the new athletic code.
Active: Students are asking many questions about the new athletic code.
- Practice Quiz Bowl sessions are being offered to prospective members by Mr. Dale Swiggart, team adviser.
- The Warriors’ first football game of the season was played on a day when a record high was reached by the temperature.
- Twelve students—five male and seven females—will be offered parts in “Too Late or Too Little”, this spring’s Drama Club play.
- Such extracurricular activities as athletics and music will be eliminated or cut by the Granite Board of Education if the upcoming school levy is not passed by voters.
2. How do you generate and focus ideas? Follow these slides:
4.Come up with two story proposals. Include in each:
- Six-Word Summary
- Give two reasons why this story is newsworthy
- List three primary sources (people you would interview in person) of authority who you are planning to interview.
- List two secondary sources you would consult (online sources, documents, news articles, etc.)
5. Sign up for your first deadline.
- Bell Work
- Current Events
- Story Proposals