1. How to format quotes: Use this as a cheat sheet for quotes and research.
2. Work on your rough draft (due: Friday, January 31, 2020 by midnight).
Rough Draft Guidelines: (Due: Friday, January 31, by midnight)
- Length: 500 words
- MUST contain at least 3 primary (interview) sources and 2 secondary (research) sources
- Start a new paragraph with each change of topic or new quote
- Quotes should be direct quotes or indirect quotes:
- Direct Quote Example: "[What your source said word for word]", said [title] [First Name] [Last Name].
- Indirect Quote Example: [Title] [First Name] [Last Name] said, [summary of what the source told you])
- Avoid using "you", "I", "we/us" and other pronouns that aren't third person.
- Example: Instead of: Many of us think... say: Many students think...
- Avoid opinionated language UNLESS you are writing an opinion or review piece
- Make sure your story starts with an engaging lead and ends with either a quote that sums up the issue, an outlook into the future, or where to find more information. Opinion or review pieces can end with an overall verdict or a call to action
- Rough Drafts MUST be complete stories. We can't edit incomplete stories.
- MUST be run through Grammarly (include your screen shot in your doc)
Rough Draft Progress