To get your rough draft ready to submit, make sure you have done the following:
- Include a long and a short headline
- Include your byline (name and title)
- Include at least three sources
- Double-check that your quotes are formatted correctly.
- Make sure your lead is engaging the reader; avoid questions.
- Check your closing to make sure it's not opinionated.
- Check for opinionated language.
- Find and replace (ctrl+F) all instances of I/you/we/us
- Go through your draft sentence by sentence and check for ways to say the same thing in fewer words.
- Run your article through Grammarly.
- Submit your rough draft on Canvas and share it in the Warrior Ledger Issue 2 folder on the Team Drive.