1. Come up with a new story idea for this week's deadline.
Need an idea? Check one (or more) of the following:
- Current events
- School calendar
- Social Media
- Ask others what they would like to read
- What is one thing you still want to write about but haven't yet?
2. Write a story proposal and include the following:
- What is the focus of your story?
- How is it relevant to the school community?
- How will you make your story new and/or different? (CHECK THE "BANNED IDEAS" BOARD!)
- Who are three people you are planning to interview? How do you know that they will be able to give you expert opinions on this topic?
- What are at least 2-3 secondary (research) sources you will include?
3. Clear your story idea with Mx. Floch and/or one of your Journalism 2 editors.
4. Start interviewing and researching.
5. Exit Ticket: List the following for your new story idea:
- 3 things you absolutely have to include in your story
- 2 ways this story will be new and/or different from anything else that's already been done about this topic
- 1 main question you are trying to answer in your article
TODAY, submit the following for the New Story Idea 12/17 and 12/18/18 assignment:
- Story Proposal
- Exit Ticket