1. Bell Work: Current Events
For 10 minutes, browse one of the following news outlets (read whatever section interests you):
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- The Wall Street Journal
- Huffington Post
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
After reading, list the following:
- 3 topics that caught your attention
- 2 new things you learned
- 1 way you noticed reporters capturing their audience's attention
2. Complete this Self-Assessment on your current rough draft:
Highlight and leave comments on what you feel is the strongest point of your draft right now and explain why you feel this way.
Highlight two places in your draft that need improvement and leave comments on what you could use help with or feel you could improve.
On a scale from 1-4 with 1 meaning you still need a lot of help, 2 meaning you are almost there, 3 meaning you know what you are doing, and 4 meaning you could teach this concept to others, how would you grade your:
- Writing (overall)
3. Use the Feedback Checklist to provide constructive feedback on the Rough Draft of at least two others. Spend 15 minutes on each draft. Make sure to complete all steps on the checklist. Take a screenshot(s) of your edits and copy/paste them into your Bell Work doc for today.
After providing feedback, add a comment to the very end of your partner's article where you give them grades between 1-4 for their:
4. Start implementing edits.
- Submit your Feedback screenshots on Canvas
- Edit your rough draft using the feedback you have been given