1. Story-Map Demo: Use a piece of paper and list the following things in circles:
- 3 things that currently interest you / 3 current events topics
- 2 things you think people should know more about
- 1 question you have been having about how something is working or why something is the way it is
2. Use the circles you have created to branch out and add topics that branch off these bigger topics. Feel free to think outside the box as you make connections and ask further questions.
3. Choose 1 of your ideas to sign up for a story deadline for this week.
4. Begin work on your new deadline. Consider the following:
- List any sources you want to interview and make a list of questions for each
- List any research resources that might give you more information
- Map out your story structure:
- What is going to be your lead paragraph to hook your reader?
- How are you going to introduce the issue you are going to talk about?
- How will you transition to quotes? Are you going to start with quotes that explain why the issue is important or people who are for or against it?
- How are you covering all sides to this story?
- What other information would also be interesting to include?
- How are you planning to wrap up this story?
- TODAY: Upload a photo of your story map to Canvas
- FRIDAY, MARCH 16: Upload your rough draft to Canvas and to the Team Drive (Issue 5 Folder)