1. Start your Google Doc for today with a list of the following:
- 3 things you are passionate about
- 2 things you know are in the news right now
- 1 question you have about life, society or the universe
2. Write a short 3-5 sentence bio about yourself for The Warrior Ledger Online (check out some examples here). Stay in third person (example: Mx. Floch has been teaching English, Journalism and Creative Writing for eight years. When not waging epic battles against comma splices and misused apostrophes, he writes science fiction and fantasy books and wrangles at least one of his four cats.)
Copy/paste ONLY your bio into a new document, title it with the name you use as your byline, and move it into the Staff Bios folder on the Shared Drive.
2. Read at least one of the following news outlets for the next ten minutes. List at least three topics that you came across.
Answer the following questions:
- What about these topics caught your attention?
- How is the reporter covering this topic in depth or in new/interesting ways?
3. Write a new story proposal:
- Six-Word Summary of your story
- Include the angle or focus of your story: What are you going to focus on? How is this focus new and/or different than what's already out there?
- Give two reasons why this story is newsworthy (check slides and defend why your story is newsworthy)
- List three primary sources (people you would interview in person) of authority who you are planning to interview.
- List two secondary sources you would consult (online sources, documents, news articles, etc.)
4. Sign up for a new deadline (make a document and title it with your section and title in the FEBRUARY DEADLINES folder)
6. Start working on your research and interviews.
- Staff Bio (copy/paste into a document titled with your name in the Staff Bios folder on the Shared Drive)
- Bell Work: 3-2-1 and Current Events
- Story Proposal
- New Deadline Sign-Up