1. For 10 minutes, browse articles from the same SECTION you are currently writing in on BEST OF SNO. Read at least 1-2 different articles in that section. After reading, list the following in your current rough draft document:
- three things the author/reporter is doing particularly well in their article
- two things you could try out in your current article
- one thing you know you need to work on and improve in your own work (see if any of the articles you read can give you some ideas on how to do this.)
2. Continue working on your rough draft and document your progress in your rough draft document in the Shared Drive.
Make sure you have sections for the following in your rough draft and record your progress:
- interviews (make sure to have at least 3, though more is always a good idea)
- research (links, as well as pieces of information you are planning to use)
- outline for your article (look over your interview quotes and research notes and take the pieces you want to use, put them in the order you want to use them in, and decide what else you'll need to flesh out your article)
- start writing your draft
- Feel free to make any comments on your own work anywhere you need more info or help or possibly do more research. Annotating your own work can be really helpful to help go deeper in your story and add more relevant content.
3. Exit Ticket:
- What did you accomplish today?
- What are your next steps?
- What still needs to happen so you can finish your draft next period?
Download a copy of your document and upload it to today's Rough Draft Progress assignment to show what you got done.
Your completed rough draft deadline is due Friday, December 4, 2020
DAILY GOOGLE MEET CHECK-INS:
1A: Wednesday, December 2, Friday, December 4 at 8:00 AM: CLICK HERE TO JOIN
4B: Tuesday, December 1, Thursday, December 3, and Monday, December 7 at 1:00 PM: CLICK HERE TO JOIN