For the first 10 minutes, browse current events on one or more of the following sites, then make a 3-2-1 list:
- 3 topics that stood out to you in your reading
- 2 topics that might make possible topics for The Warrior Ledger Online
- 1 thing you would like to know more about.
Sites to check out:
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- The Wall Street Journal
- Huffington Post
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
2. With your group, brainstorm and add notes to your google doc for today to create a new story proposal:
- Six-Word Summary of your story
- Include the angle or focus of your story: What are you going to focus on? How is this focus new and/or different than what's already out there?
- Give two reasons why this story is newsworthy (check slides and defend why your story is newsworthy)
- List three primary sources (people you would interview in person) of authority who you are planning to interview.
- List two secondary sources you would consult (online sources, documents, news articles, etc.)
3. Sign up for your new rough draft deadline and create a new doc with your new deadline title and story proposal notes in the J1 OCTOBER DEADLINES folder.
4. Create interview questions for your new deadline.
5. Begin working on your new rough draft. Due date: Friday, November 1.
Today, Download a Word Doc of your NEW deadline. Make sure it contains your 3-2-1 bell work and your story proposal, as well as your interview question/any work you got done on your new draft this period.