Language Objective: I will generate a new deadline idea and analyze different sections in the newspaper.
1. Bell Work: Newspaper Sections Jigsaw
Answer the following questions:
- What kinds of topics go into this section?
- How are they written? (Look at structure, fact vs. opinion, amount of research/interviews)
- How can you ensure to cover topics in this section in depth?
- What could we add to or improve in this section?
2. Current Events: For ten minutes, browse local, national, and international news for current events. Write down three possible topics for a deadline.
Some news outlets to check out:
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- The Wall Street Journal
3. Create a new deadline. Make sure your idea is focused and come up with ideas of who to interview.
4. Write down research and interviewing questions.
5. Begin research and interviews.
- Upload Bell Work and Current Events to Canvas
- Deadline Rough Draft due: Friday, September 23rd by midnight.