1. Which three pictures are the most effective? Justify your answers. Write captions for each.
For PHOTOS: Select one story in WL Issue 2 from the following: NEWS, FEATURE, SPORTS, (A&E ONLY IF IT IS NOT A REVIEW)
For ART: Choose one story in WL Issue 2 OPINION.
You are responsible of shooting a set of 5 pictures for the story assigned to you. Follow these steps and criteria:
- Read the story and leave comments/edits (request access from the author)
- Come up with ideas for photos or photo illustrations
- Submit your photos/photo illustrations next class period.
- Take at least 5 photos
- Photos must be sharp and focused on a subject
- Photos must be bright and high in contrast
- Photos must make effective/creative use of background and foreground
- Photos have to be relevant to the story (you must clear your idea with the story’s author before)
- Photos have to show action
- All group members must participate in editing, idea generation, and photography
- Photos must be taken with an iPhone 5s./Samsung Galaxy S5 or newer (or equivalent) or one of our Journalism cameras
Choose the two best photos and write a caption for them, describing what is happening in the photos.
3. To claim a story, leave a comment on its headline, stating your name and that you will be taking the photo or creating the art for this story. Note: this is an INDIVIDUAL assignment, no partners this time. If someone has already claimed the story, find a different one. Only two people max. can claim the visual for a story.
4. Make edits and suggestions on your chosen story.
5. Work on visuals.
6. Exit Ticket:
- What is your idea for your visual and how will it add to the story?
- How are you going to make sure your visual shows action?
- What is something you need to improve on your visual or the idea for it?
- What are you struggling with when it comes to your visual?