2018/19 Journalism Staff Application
1. Bell Work: Clarify these example sentences.
2. Self-Assessment (Mark up your current rough draft):
Go through the Rough Draft Rubric on Canvas and score yourself based on this rubric. What score did you give yourself and why?
- Highlight and comment on three sections of your article that you feel you can improve.
- In your comment on each section, ask a specific question for your peer review group.
- On the bottom of your draft, list three things you still want to do to edit and revise your draft. Be very specific about which steps you are going to take to address anything you still need to improve.
3. Peer Reviews:
Review the work of the other people in your group. Use the following questions (and the Rough Draft Rubric) to guide your feedback:
- What do you like?
- What is confusing?
- What do you want to see more of?
4. Work on edits and revisions.
5. Exit Ticket:
- What was the main issue your group gave you critical feedback on? How will it help you improve your work?
- What kind of feedback would you like to get more of?
- What steps are you going to take next period to finalize your draft?
TODAY: Bell Work, Self-Assessment, Exit Ticket
FRIDAY, MARCH 23: FINAL DRAFT + ALL MAKE-UP WORK