Language Objective: I will read and analyze Journalism ethics case studies, come up with my own Journalism Code of Ethics, and edit and revise my own deadline.
1. Get a copy of the Inside Reporting textbook from my side cabinet and read page 152.
On the bottom left, you find a box with three case studies that prompt you to make a call: in your Google Doc for today (title it "Journalism Ethics") write down what you would do for each of the three cases and justify your decision. Write 3-5 sentences per case.
2. Read page 153; pay special attention to the "Code of Ethics" section. After reading, write down your own Journalism Code of Ethics. Choose three to five rules you find the most important and want to adhere to in your Journalism writing. List these rules and at briefly talk about why you think these are the most important and how you are going to use them in your own work.
3. Finish editing and revising your deadline.
4. Double-check your spelling and grammar. Use Grammarly!
5. Double-check that you have included two headlines and your byline before submitting your deadline on Canvas and sharing it on the Team Drive.
- Submit your response to the 3 case studies and your own Journalism Code of Ethics on Canvas.
- Submit your final draft by Friday, May 5 on Canvas and make sure it's on the Team Drive