JOURNALISM FIELD TRIP:Sign up for the Utah High School Media Symposium on November 2. here. This will be an all-day field trip. We will leave at 7:30 and be back by 3 p.m. Only 50 students can go, so make sure to ONLY sign up if you can go that day.
1. Bell Work: Eliminate Unnecessary Words
2. Grade Checks: Reminder: ALL work for first Quarter is due by Friday, October 19 at midnight, that's next week!
Turn your rough draft into a final draft. Complete all of the following steps before submitting it as a final draft:
- Run your article for Grammarly
- Include two headlines, your byline, and your job title (Reporter)
- Look for any sentences you could tighten or condense. Read through your work and check each sentence to see if you could say the same thing shorter or using more specific language.
- Eliminate any questions you have included from interviews or questions you used in transitions. Turn these into statements and use materials from secondary sources (research) to layer in between quotes.
- Double-check all of your quotes. Make sure you have formatted them correctly
- Double check for any opinionated language (make sure to back up anything even remotely opinionated with sources); stick to third person (students, players, they/them etc.)
- CITE ALL OF YOUR SOURCES
- Make sure all of your comments and suggestions have been addressed and resolved. Your final draft should not have any open comments or suggestions. Resolve everything once you have addressed it.
- Re-read your article for overall flow (preferably out loud).
- Run your article through Grammarly one final time. Include a screen shot of your Grammarly-checked article in your document.
TODAY: Bell Work (submit on Canvas)
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12 BY MIDNIGHT: FINAL DRAFT DUE (submit on Canvas; hit File>Download as>Microsoft Word and use the File Upload tool to submit)