1. Opener: With your group, come up with as many story ideas as you can. Appoint a scribe and add them to this Padlet:
2. Finish your two story proposals. Include in each:
- Your focused story idea
- Six-Word Summary
- Write a paragraph of 3-5 sentences about why this story is newsworthy. Give two reasons why this story is newsworthy (timeliness, proximity, conflict/tension, prominence, impact, human interest). Fully explain why you should write this story and what you hope your audience will gain from reading this story.
- List three primary sources (people you would interview in person) of authority who you are planning to interview.
- List two secondary sources you would consult (online sources, documents, news articles, etc.)
3. Sign up for your first deadline using the Story Sign-Up Form
4. Sign up for Team Drive access here.
5. Picture Day and Staff Photos
6. Start brainstorming questions for your first deadline.
- Story Ideas Padlet
- Story Proposals
- Story Sign-Up
- Brainstorm questions