Language Objective: I will analyze The Warrior Ledger and write story proposals.
1. Go to kahoot.it to take your Disclosure Quiz. Use your real name to sign in.
2. Start your Google Doc for today with a list of the following:
- 3 things you are passionate about
- 2 things you want to learn more about
- 1 question you have about life, society or the universe
3. Browse The Warrior Ledger for 10 minutes. After reading, choose a scribe for your group and add notes on the following questions to this Padlet:
- How are Journalism articles different from English essays?
- What do you need to write a good Journalism article?
- What topics did you see published in the paper?
4. How do you generate and focus ideas? Follow these slides:
- Six-Word Summary
- Give two reasons why this story is newsworthy
- List three primary sources (people you would interview in person) of authority who you are planning to interview.
- List two secondary sources you would consult (online sources, documents, news articles, etc.)
6. Exit Ticket: Pick one word to describe yourself with and add to to the "I Am" cloud. Don't repeat something someone else has already said.
- Disclosure Quiz
- Warrior Ledger Notes
2. Story Pitch
3. Staff Survey
4. Work on Deadlines
Assignments: First deadline: Friday, August 25, 2017