1. Face-to-Face Students: Go to kahoot.it to take your Disclosure Quiz. Use your first and last name to sign in.
Distance Learners: Click here and use Pin: 02168678 to take the Disclosure Quiz.
If you have NOT signed your disclosure yet, please do so here.
2. Title your Google Doc for today "Journalism Basics." Start your Google Doc for today with a list of the following:
- 3 things you are passionate about
- 2 things you know are in the news right now
- 1 question you have about life, society or the universe
3. Browse The Warrior Ledger Online for 10 minutes. After reading, choose a scribe for your group and add notes on the following questions to this Padlet:
(Distance Learners, answer these in your Google Doc.)
- How are Journalism articles different from English essays?
- What do you need to write a good Journalism article?
- What topics did you see published in the paper?
4. View the following slides. For each TYPE of story, brainstorm an example of a story that would fit that particular type. For example, for Feature Story: an in-depth profile about a teacher who has an unusual hobby. List one idea for each type of story in your Google Doc.
- Kahoot Disclosure Quiz
- Warrior Ledger Online Questions
- Types of Stories + Examples
- Exit Ticket
For Friday's assignment (include this in the same doc as today): Choose one type of story and look up two examples of this type of story from local, national, or international news. Answer the following questions:
- What was the story about?
- How did the story fit into one of the types of stories?
- What stood out to you about this story?