1. Happy 2019! What is one goal you have for this year? Also, list three specific things you are going to do to reach this goal! (This can be anything; does not need to be school-related.)
2. Finish your Rough Draft (15 minutes).
3. In your rough draft, highlight and leave comments on the following:
- Highlight the headline of your article and comment with the one main question your article is trying to answer.
- Highlight and comment on three places you need help with or develop further. In your comments for each section or sentence, ask a question that tells your reviewers what you need help with.
- Highlight the last word in your article and comment with any other things you need and hope to get feedback on.
4. Use the Feedback Checklist and the author's comments on their draft to provide feedback to two other people. Leave detailed feedback (at least 5-7 detailed comments along with suggestions) and spend at least 15 minutes on each draft. Take screenshots of the feedback you gave your two partners.
5. Work on the feedback you have been given.
6. Exit Ticket:
- List three things you still need to improve on your article. Be specific.
- List two specific things you can do next period to finalize your draft.
- List one other possible headline for your article. Add it to the top of your draft.
- Rough Draft Self-Assessment
- Feedback screenshots (give feedback to two others)
- Exit Ticket