1. Bell Work: Simplify these phrases
2. Pre-Drafting Questions (answer these in the same document that your draft is in):
- WHY are you writing this story? What point are you trying to make? What do you want your readers to get out of this story?
- List 3-5 questions your readers might have about this topic.
- List 3-5 points of research/opinions you want to include
- How are you going to make sure this story is new and/or different from what's already out there?
- How did you select your sources?
3. Journalism 2 2018/19 Staff Application
4. Conduct your interviews and research. Record your findings IN the same document that your draft will be in.
5. Begin writing your rough draft.
6. Exit Ticket (Complete this in your Bell Work Document):
- What did you accomplish this period?
- What was the most interesting thing you learned about your chosen topic?
- What was something you were struggling with? How are you going to deal with this?
- What are your next steps to finalize the rough draft of your article?
- TODAY: Bell Work (Simplifying) and Exit Ticket
- FRIDAY, MARCH 16: ROUGH DRAFT DUE