Take the Planner Survey here.
1. Bell Work: Read this article on "Writing for the Web: 5 Tips for creating content for an Online Audience"
After reading, list the following:
- 3 new things you learned about writing for the web
- 2 things you want to try in your own article
- 1 way you want to make sure to make your new article relevant and engaging to an online audience
2. Make sure your new rough draft document is titled with the CATEGORY in ALL CAPS and the story title and moved into the correct section folder in the J1 OCTOBER DEADLINES folder on the Shared Drive.
3. Come up with your interview questions and document your interviews in your draft document.
4. Conduct research. Make sure to copy/paste the links to your research as well as any information you are going to use in your article. Consider linking to your source once you have written your draft.
5. Start work on your rough draft.
6. Exit Ticket: Show your progress:
- What have you accomplished today?
- What are your next steps to continue working on this next period?
- What do you need to look into deeper to get more in-depth information about this story?
Submit your progress of your rough draft document on the "Rough Draft Progress 10/23 and 10/24 document on Canvas. Include your bell work and exit ticket in the same document. Make sure to hit File > Download > Microsoft Word Document to be able to upload today's work on Canvas.