1. Bell Work: Avoiding redundancy - Don't say the same thing twice!
2. Write down the questions you have for your primary sources.
Begin conducting interview.
- Make sure you are interviewing at least 3 sources per story.
- Make sure your sources have authority about your topic.
- Create a list of questions beforehand.
- Record all of your interviews.
- Ask open-ended questions. Ask follow-up questions as needed.
- Try not to pull students out of class for longer than 5-10 minutes (record times on pink interview slips)
3. Record your research (quotes, sources, etc.)
4. Begin working on your deadlines. Use a new Google Doc. Title it with your story idea.
- Topics must be approved by both your Editor-in-Chief (Xylina) and Ms. Floch
- 400-500 words
- must contain at quotes from at least three sources; make sure your quotes count
- double-check your formatting for quotes
- stories must be written and shared in GoogleDrive, 1o pt. Times font
- coordinate story illustration with a photographer or artist; all stories MUST have at least one illustration
- Share finished stories with email@example.com
5. Advertising Assignment: Each journalism student will contact 5 local businesses and ask if they are interested in advertising with The Warrior Ledger. Take copies of the paper with you to give businesses a better idea about who we are and the quality paper we produce.
Use the 2015/16 Advertising Rate Sheet for pricing.
If a business declines interest, write down the name and contact information (phone number or email address) of the person you spoke to for reference. You don't have to sell a certain amount of advertising, but you have to talk to 5 businesses total.
Your advertising assignment is due on Monday, September 14.
Your GoogleDoc for today should include:
- Bell Work
- Research (links, quotes, etc.)
- Interview questions
Rough Draft of your first story due: Friday, September 4 by midnight. You must both upload your story to CANVAS and share your story with firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising Assignment due: Monday, September 14